• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd Memory Problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite

I just got a new motherboard. The Asus a7n8x(non-deluxe) which supports up to pc3500 memory. I pop in my 512 mb PC3200 Geil and i always get this System32 file not found and then i have to restart my comp. I then pop in some Samsung 256 pc2100 and it boots perfectly fine. Is my memory dead or am i doing somethign wrong in the bios or what not?

I am pretty sure it's not my memory works fine in other comps? What else could be wrong. Ive never even really o/ced this memory yet.

I agree, sounds weird.

I would suggest you run memtest on the Geil (if you haven't already) on the comp where it works. If that is OK, my next stop would be at Geil to ask what they thought. Your new mobo is detecting some type of problem as the OS boots. Wonder if the Geil is having a problem similar to Cosair 3500 (SPD not programed right)? I've not heard of that being seen before. (Really a wild guess there that is most likely wrong.)

Good luck. :cool:

You may need to increase to the memory voltage at 2.7v.From what i know this ram needs more voltage to run properly.Try this and see what will happen.

Back