• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Combining RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowChemical

I have 2 rigs one is a custom alienware and one is a crappy compaq, I am in the process of upgrading my compaq and was wondering, since my Aleinware has drained my money I am gonna be a cheap-o about buying this RAM for the compaq so I was wondering, what kind of effect would take place if I combined the crappy stock RAM and some mid to upper quality RAM, the Compaq currently has 112 Megabytes of RAM and I think it has SIMM slots but I am not sure....

Thanks,
SlowChemical

You would get more ram- but it wouldnt run any better than the compaq ram- weakest link.
I say you are best off getting a single 512 stick or something and throwing the compaq ram out if you can afford it.
If not, I dont see any problems associatied. If you are running a memory intensive os- its definetly worth putiing more.

About the Alienware rig: :drool: :clap: :D

Back