• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my design feasible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fluid_Al

Registered
hi, all. I am new into watercooling, and wondered if my newest design will work. this is one of a couple i just drew, and i need feedback. excuse the quality, i had to scan them.

ignore the sides of the cube in the middle, the drill locations are messed up. (i need more white-out)
wbdesign2.jpg

Thanks for any ideas for improvement, i will update the pic soon with a couple i thought of after i scanned it.

*EDIT* P.S. - i just realized i didn't post it in the watercooling board! oops, and sorry! :eek:

looks interesting... not sure if i am pictureing what it would be like exactly correct, perhaps another corrected drawing would help. but anyways, i would think it could be made. the bottom level could be made with a flat bottom and an open top, then the bottom of the middle level would be flat and its top would be open, and it would seal off the bottom level, and then there would be a top piece with inlets and outlets that capped the middle level. the parts would be sealed to one another with soldering or whatever metal working is appropriate (im not familiar at all with how exactly you would go about doing it, other than handing the designs to someone and pay them to do it). i dont know if that makes sense, but it does to me. i am saying nothing about how this would perform, its too hard to quantify everything good and bad that goes on in a waterblock, and i dont want to discourage anyone from trying an idea. an issue the block may have, if there isnt a better way to make it than what i said, is the thermal interface between levels (the heat would travel through the bottom level fine but would encounter resistance at the joint with the middle level). some may tell you it isnt worth trying, but i hope they would give well explained reasons why it wouldnt be. good luck. :)

p.s. you can message hoot or cw823, the mods of this forum, and ask either to move this thread to the watercooling forum, or you can just wait and they will probably move it anyways.

p.p.s there was one more thing about the design i forgot to mention. im not sure because i cant quite tell how you are doing it, but it is best to have the inlet over the center of the die - i believe due to the turbulence of when it hits the area of the bottom of the waterblock directly over the die. then the two outlets could be on the sides of the single inlet.

Last edited:
Back