• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wonderboy

Is it possible to add a outlet like a psu to the back of the case for the water pump? I want to plug a normal power cable to the pump and clean up the back of my case and this seems like an easy way to do so. is it as simple as cutting the cord to the pump and soldering the wires to the outlet? Do i need to make any mods to the outlet(on the back of the case) before i plug in the pump? If this seems vague i can post pics. Thanks for any help in advance.

If u have the money you can buy a vantec stealth PSU they come with a power outlet in the back of um, i have one on the way, should be here today, 520 watts, 270 3.3+5

Matt

I know what ya mean Wonderboy, and I've been thinking of doin the same thing. Just make sure you insulate the prongs on the inside very well, and you'll be set.

i just pulled the plug from an old psu and it has a resistor between the prongs, should this stay there or should i remove it?

Back