• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duel DDR or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobCooler

Hey, sorry is this question have be asked tons of time.

Should i buy 1 512 DDR433 or 2 256 DDR433?

Will duel drr preforme much better the one?

Oh, its one the A7N8X

see i asked that aswell. but no one replied :p

from what i understand if you have 2 sticks you can take advantage od dual channel DDR, BUT you cannot overclock as high as the dual channel isnt as stable. However what i wasnt sure of is whther the very slight loss in performance from not using dual channel would be made up by the higher FSB that could be achieved with a single stick?

i am in your same situation exactly, with same Asus and all :)

nice board though

i am looking at OCZ PC3500 EL DDR - supposed to work well (i hope) althoguh everyone hates OCZ as they did dodgy stuff back in the past, although i hear they are under new management

Hehe, well im going to use Performance 512MB or 2 x 256MB Platinum Ultra CL2 184pins / 64bit(72bit) / 4,5ns .
They are just as good as Corsair and OCZ. But doesnt cost as much :D

I am running The A7NX8 in dual channel DDR. I was running single mode and sandra saw about a 100-150 loss and could not run above 170FSB. When i bought another 256PC3200 Corsair XMS and use 1 and 3 slots I can run 185FSDB stable and mem preformace is good. So in my case I can run higher in dual than single. Although ppl have been getting mixed results. I say go for 2 sticks and test your self. Make sure you buiy two of the same sticks.

Your best bet is to go Dual DDR. There is no point on going non dual DDR hence some places you get two sticks of 256MB each for about the same as 1 stick of 512MB.

Dual DDR is here to stay and both the nForce2 and GraniteBay support it.

I cant wait to see what the nForce64 and SpringDale bring to the table! ;)

OC-Master

Back