• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this be a bad idea?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbox33

I'm finally going to put together a watercooled setup and I am trying to figure out how to put it in my case.

I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to put a 90 degree fitting on the outlet of my pump. It's a Eheim 1250.

If it will affect my flow too much I won't do it but if I can then I have a great place to put it.

I recently redid my setup, it's all in case and I used like six 90 degree fittings which didn't seem to affect anything negatively. They make for a better fit in my case and my temps are about the same if not slightly cooler. The fittings shouldn't affect the flow rate too much if at all.

That's good to know Chaos thanks. Now I can put it in the removeable 3.5" drive bay with a little modification. The pump fits perfectly in there.

And if it doesn't work out I can always change it. Wasn't sure if I should do it because of all the pics posted on here I don't remember seeing any pumps with a 90 right out of the outlet of the pump.

Back