• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling the GF4 ti4200, how about memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheIceman5

ive got a gf4 ti4200 card that i wanna watercool. Ive got a water block as well, but do you have to remove the original heatsinks in order to fit the waterblock? If i do that, then the memory is left with out any cooling, does this matter? I see as it is in a couple of places the original heatsink is not even touching a couple of memory chips, so will it matter if there is no heatsink there at all?
Also, i tried removing the heatsinks and putting the waterblock on the chip, it doesnt even seem to be sitting staight, the little wire part, temp sensor, or what ever it is seems t get in the way and ***** the water block a bit and makes it sit crooked, what do i do?
later...

I presume the ram chips are in pairs to the left of the GPU and also above the GPU on both sides of the card?

that "wire" could be a temp senser, how long is it? can it be moved out of the way?

Back