• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1ll1nT1m3

I have a Iceburg water kit with Koolance HDD and chipset blocks. The radiator has a 80mm fan with a opened blow hole on top of the case. I have a P4 2.53 at 2.7 right now. I have 800mhz rdram running at 3x which comes to a 433 fsb. Memory is at 39c, load. I now have a digital doc flat sensor on the bottom of the cpu block. It shows a temp of 32c, load. Bios says 45c. MM5 says 37c. I also have a sensor on the water res which shows 29c, load. Which one do I trust? The Doc, the BIOS or all of them? I also have a sensor on the HDD that is showing 30c, load. Case temp sensor shows 23c idle, 25c load.

I have hit the limit on fsb with out turning up the Vcore. I uped the Vcore .75v and it still wouldnt boot windows completely. I am at 1.55 Vcore if I remember correctly.

Any ideas why the .75 in Vcore wasnt enough? It seems 100% stable at 2.7 with stock Vcore. I burnt up a 2.0 the first time. (old bios said 26c load, new bios says 45c)

Would a better cpu water block be a good idea? (still using the iceburg block). I know I need to get 1066 rdram, but i think im going to change to a Asus dual channel ddr.

Oh yeh, SiSandra shows a 46c load on the cpu. This is all on a Iwill P4R533.

Thanks for any ideas...

I'd go by the bios reading and the water res temp which shows a differential of 16C. Nothing appears out of order with that. One 80mm fan probably is at the low end of airflow through your rad. Get a 120mm fan as a cheap suggestion for a little improvement. 1.55vcore is still kinda low, try it all the way up to 1.7vcore and see what that chip will do. You can go higher than 1.7vcore but it is considered unhealthy for the processor.

Thanks

I got it too boot at 2.75g. I had to up Vcore to 1.675 (froze at 1.65). My ram clock is 435/36mhz overall bus speed at 435. I ll try and run all the tests and see if if it stays.

Do you think that might be too hard on the cpu? I dont want to burn this one up. The cpu is at 28.5 idle on Digital Doc. Water is at 26C.

I was wanting to get a 120mm and adapter. Then I might be able to get the radiator inside the case and just put another 120mm stealth (Doc controled) on top of the case. (its pretty loud with the air going through the radiator.)

Thanks for the help!!

:D

One more...

I was wondering... can I take a temp sensor and put a light coating of something around it ( Artic silver epoxy, or silicon?) and put it IN the radiator? ( get a real water temp... )

SiSandra shows cpu at 40c idle and 46c load. Thats going off the bios right? Pretty reliable?

Thanks agian...

Hummm

:(

After a few tests my temps got pretty high. Bios showed 52c and Digital Doc showed 33.5c. Didnt take too long to get there either. I set it back to 2.70. ( a little gun shy, LOL )

So, you think a better fan ( maybe a better radiator) would be my next step?

Oh yeh, NICE water block. What else have you done to it?

Thanks...

Re: One more...

K1ll1nT1m3 said:
I was wondering... can I take a temp sensor and put a light coating of something around it ( Artic silver epoxy, or silicon?) and put it IN the radiator? ( get a real water temp... )

SiSandra shows cpu at 40c idle and 46c load. Thats going off the bios right? Pretty reliable?

Thanks agian...

yes you can, and it does work :) i know i have my DD5 with one of the sensorce in my rad and they control the fans on my rad, it is nice that at night both fans are off, but when i am crunching hard on the machine like when i am doing divix encoding or what ever, they will slowly turn on first one fan then the next :)

Ohh yeh...

HEHEHE. Thats cool!!! I tried running mine with the rad fan off but it just turned off on me after a few minutes. So, I decided not to try that again. What temps are you at? I really wanna see if I can get mine set up like that.

Thanks...

:D

Back