• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!! I can't OC my mobo and enable AGP 4X!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Halon_X

Registered
I have a ASUS CUSL2 mobo and when I overclock it, I can't enable AGP 4X. The system BIOS keeps it set at 4X, but when I boot Win XP Pro the system loads with AGP 2X. I know this because in the CATALYST driver info it appears. SisSoft SANDRA shows it too in the mainboard section.

Is there a way that I can trick the mobo so I can OC it and still be AGP 4X??? Thanks a lot for any help!!

The Riva Tuner is for tweaking the NVIDIA cards and Detonator drivers. I have the Radeon 8500 and the Catalyst driver set.
The problem is the mobo if I analyzed correctly.

But thanks anyway!! :)

Halon_X said:
The Riva Tuner is for tweaking the NVIDIA cards and Detonator drivers. I have the Radeon 8500 and the Catalyst driver set.
The problem is the mobo if I analyzed correctly.

But thanks anyway!! :)

No you are wrong.Go to the guru3d site and you'll see.

Rivatuner

I wouldnt even worry about enabling 4x, it hardly does anything, same with 8x compared to 4x :S....ppl just seem to like how the higher numbders sound haha...

What version of the BIOS are you running ?
These boards had an issue where a LOT of BIOS
settings were switched off or changed if you tried to overclock.

Not sure if the latest offical BIOS release corrected that or not.
Search the forums, there were some other posts on this a while
back.

Go here ---> http://www.x86-secret.com/

You need the hacked BIOS to overclock that board I think.
The site is in french, but it is easy to track down the file.
It also changes the EPA logo to a cool Evil Inside thing...
Backup your current bios first just in case.

I run a cusl2-c with an 866eb@942 (145fsb) and my break point is 140 fsb.At 141 fsb agp 4x reverts to 2x even tho bios is set to 4x.Makes little to no dif in score imo.

3dmark scores with gf3 ti500

942 (145fsb) at 2x = 5877
910 (140fsb) at 4x = 5812

Can get 6002 with it at 147 but nascar2002 locks up.

btw bios vers. 1003

Back