• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 Overclocked on p4s533?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bouklah23

Disabled
Hello.. ive been posting like crazy about issues with pc3200 ram and no one has come up with an answer yet.. My situation is that I cant overclock with a 512mb stick of pc3200 Samsung ram in my setup... setup is as follows..

Asus P4S533
Celeron 2.0 @ 3020mhz (151x20) 1.725v
Swiftech MCX-4000 heatsink with vantec tornado
Evga Geforce 4 MX440 SE 64mb

Now, I have a stick of kingston PC2100 DDR that will post fine at 151x20 and run Red hat indefinitely.. The second i put the pc3200 in the system and try to boot it theres nothing.. no beeps no reaction from the video card so.. i reset the Cmos and put the pc2100 back in and re post it to 3020 and it works again.. I bought the pc3200 particulary for this system and I do not know how long the system will be stable with the kingston pc2100 ram in there.. Id really like to get the ram to overclock but its appearing that no matter what I try.. even 201 fsb will not post. I have really good results with cooling and everything.. the ram doesnt work. Any ideas??
:mad:

i would rate that stick of PC3200 as defective. The P4S533 is good compatibility wise so it need to run at least 400MHz before it meets spec. I'd be returning it.

Damn, it was brand new and i got it for a steal for $130 shipped with the thermaltake copper heatspreaders.. it was sealed and the copper contact pads werent scratched :( Ill see what he says tonight.. hopefully I can get a new one but im ****ed

Back