• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first time in the water, AND I DIDN'T' DROWN!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JRWYW

Registered
Well, I built my first rig about a week ago. Everything worked out as well as could be expected, everything worked. I was able to get the 2.4B B0 @ 2.6GHz b4 it started to freeze up in games and 3d mark. Stock HS was 38C at idle and 54C at full load

Now a week later I built my first water cooling system for my new precious. I used the following components:

DD Maze3 water block with a copper top, and 1/2" lines

Eheim 1048 water pump (also from DD)

A 5-1/4 drive bay res

Some sort of heater core that's 7.5" long and 6" wide, with a shroud from a cookie tin. (Looks pretty funky right now, but I'm going to paint it)

I 'm happy to report success! right now @ 2.7 GHz I'm running 30C @ idle and about 34C with full load. I have been running CPU-burn-in for about 2 hours now and 35C is the highest its gotten to. W00T!!

I will will try to get pics later, if requested.
So? what do you think? Good temps?
I'm very pleased since this is my first try, and I didn't break anything!

Thanks to everyone here! You tips and suggestions over the months made this possible.

Welcome to the club...

Your temps are great but one would need to know your room temperature to properly judge them.

Yeah, post some pix!

Nice work, bro!

I can host your pictures if you need, PM me if you're interested.

If not, then try Oni - he'll host stuff for you as well.

Oh, now you've gone and done it!
Ya know you'll never be satisfied, and will continue the 'hunt' for that 2C drop from there!

Welcome to the addiction!

Back