• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a little help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are the exact problems he's having? Did he buy the mobo retail? If so, did he read his manual? The FSB setting's are in the Advanced Menu. Look for CPU Speed, and it will have a setting for whatever speed he wants to set his CPU at. What about his FSB is he trying to change?
Doc

Doc,

Yea, he did buy it brand new, from what I could gather by our conversation last night(which wasn't much.:)..).when he had the cpu speed set on manual he was getting some sort of message about jumpers. I apologize for not being better prepared

Ok, he probably doesn't have it set to jumperless. He needs to read his manual, and find out what jumpers need to be set to jumperless. Hang on and I'll look. It's ok, we're all unprepared in some way.
Doc

not a problem man. Let me know what his error message is exactly if you could. From what I'm looking at, it should already be in jumperless mode. I'm out too.
Doc

Doc,

Here's a little more info, when he goes into his bios and tries to change his CPU speed he has 2 options......either 2.26, which is his processor, or manual. When he goes to manual, he gets the message "must be in "jumper free mode". He's looked at the manual and it talks about it, but he said there isn't any mention of how to fix the prob.

there is nothing in the manual regarding jumpers for cpu speeds it's all from the bios. I suggest defaulting the bios with the clrtc1 jumper and then trying again.

Hope this helps

it's next to the cmos battiery and when moved it will clear the memory of the mobo and reset to defaults. This might help to change the bios settings.
sorry about the quality

clrtc1.jpg

I was messing with my buddy's 2.26 and I noticed on the ASus probe that it was running about .05 higher then the setting in the bios. Do these boards overvolt, or is it merely the inaccuracy of the asus program

Actually, sir, Asus Intel boards usually have a Jumper mode and a Jumperfree mode. There is a single 3 pin jumper that decides whether the board uses jumpers or the BIOS can set FSB.

Yeah, I looked all over the dadgum board on the P4PE and couldn't find the jumper to make it jumperless. Nor did it mention it anywhere in the manual other than the index. I would like to know where the jumper is for that, I'll look closer again, but I'll worry about it when I get my Northwood 2.4b :D
Doc

AntmanMike said:
Actually, sir, Asus Intel boards usually have a Jumper mode and a Jumperfree mode. There is a single 3 pin jumper that decides whether the board uses jumpers or the BIOS can set FSB.

well I can't find the jumper as well....yet I too could have over looked it.

mica

The manual says it does not have one and all jumper's on the mother board match the manual one for one. I agree some boards do have the jumper free setting the p4s533 had one but my p4pe does not.

Back