• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! 512MB 64x64 Motherboard problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluce ree

Registered
Hello all,
I recently bought 512MB no-name 64x64 density SDRAM for use with a Tualatin CPU. I really really need an S370 motherboard that supports this RAM & this CPU. Does anyone out there know which motherboards will do this? How about which Tualatin supporting motherboards specifically will not work with this RAM? There's something like 55 motherboards that support Tualatin, but to go through each manual will take me forever !! (the .pdf files are usually a few megabyte & 56k modems suck.)

Thanks everyone!

--Bluce

To tell you the truth, the only intel chipsets that support the high density ram like that, that I know of, I could be wrong, are the 845 chipsets. Which those are only for the P4.

how is it possible then?

How is it possible then for people to have 512MB PC150 RAM when overclocking a Tualatin? I really doubt anyone uses 2 x 256MB dimms

I don't know, but I do have 2x512MB sticks of PC133 64x64, and the only Intel system I have had them work in is an 845 chipset. The memory I have is 64x64 (64x4 configuration), which is high density. There is also 64x64 (32x8 configuration), which is low density.

The low density would work with what you need, but the high density being only for the newer chipsets.

Hope that helps.

Back