• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 Ti4400 cracked....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genocide

Ive had the Dangerden Gf4 waterblock on my GF4 Ti4400 for a few weeks now and a day ago i began to get nasty artifacts and my screen would flicker on and off randomly. I checked the contact between the block and the GPU and it was only making contact on the left and right edges of the GPU...i tried to lap the block but it was flat enough, i reapplyed the paste and found to my horror that if i tighened down the block AT ALL the entire card began to flex. I put on the old stock heatsink to see if the problems went away and ofcourse they didnt. Right now it looks like ive completely screwed over my card, its got a slight bend in it now. The 2 hole mounting method that the block uses is total crap, it doesent work on a block as massive as the dangerden one...so now i get to look for a new card, and have a useless waterblock =(

p.s. i love dangerden, im just really ****ed that my card is trashed, although its mostly my fault it happened.

Have you contact DangerDen about the problem?

I was hoping to do the same thing!

wow man that sux. might u be able to "bend" it back by mounting the block on the opposite side? i mean if ur getting a new card anyway wtf its worth a try...

I tried bending it and it didnt seem to help, i think one of the voltage regulators or whatever they are called is the problem, it makes a small popping sound if the card flexes and it seems rather loose, perhaps one of the wires snapped on it =(

ill try bending it back now, since it looks like the things shot, cant hurt to try ;D

well u can always send it to me to work with: )... ...i mean if u break it ill still take it, my dad takes all my broken stuff and makes sculptures out of it ill post pics tomorrow in the genneral chat or maybe alt modding...

right now i think its permanently shot, i used to be able to mess with the card and get the picture back to normal, now its not improving at all, guess im back to looking for a card, ill probably wait till the gf-fx is out and grab a gf4 4600 or perhaps a r9700 even it they are cheap enough..

Back