• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMos with Winbond 5ns Chips ROCKS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Ok, I have (all 256MB sticks) 2 Corsair 3500 C2, 2 OCZ EL DDR 3500 and 2 TwinMos 3200 with Winbond 5ns chips. The Winbond runs amazing! If any of you are looking for good low cost memory, these are them! If you are interested you can get them here (search for "Twinmos") but make SURE you call and verify that they are WINBOND chips, NOT Samsung! Some have gotten Samsung chips and they are not nearly as good...

Last edited:
phantom punisher said:
what kind of speed are you getting from each ram? i see you have a amd. has your chipset been able to lower the multiplyer and take a large fsb?
Unfortunately until I get the chipset Voltmod going, 200 seems to be the limit with ANY ram I have with this board. Caper has been able to push his TwinMos to about 240 FSB!

nikhsub1 said:

Unfortunately until I get the chipset Voltmod going, 200 seems to be the limit with ANY ram I have with this board. Caper has been able to push his TwinMos to about 240 FSB!

Wow, 240Mhz FSB? Can you point me to a thread?

drewthomas14 said:
just look at my avatar. thats why i couldn't find it;)
LOL ... (hey , if your here at the OC forums , we KNOW your NOT retarded )*wink*wink* . ;) :D

This is outstanding memory, regardless of price. I was thrilled to get some six weeks ago at $86 for a 256mb stick when the next cheapest place I could find it was nearly $120!! If you need to call and ask questions I have found both Faith and Moses at Memory X to be very helpful. When I bought the stuff, it wasn't up on the website and had to be ordered at no extra cost. I've got a 256mb stick of WinBond PC2700 with the same chip, just rated at --6 instead of --5, but it's every bit as good and was $20 cheaper. If you're a home system builder, or just happen to go through a lot of memory, you can sign up for their weekly Price List which comes in your email Sunday night.

thanks for that link nikhsub i am gonna get 2 of them next week.

can you run 200fsb 2-2-2-5? how much voltage? the NF7 only lets up to 2.7v (well actually it overvolts a lot so it is 2.8v).

Emericana said:
thanks for that link nikhsub i am gonna get 2 of them next week.

can you run 200fsb 2-2-2-5? how much voltage? the NF7 only lets up to 2.7v (well actually it overvolts a lot so it is 2.8v).
Yes I run 2-2-2-4 at 2.6V 200FSB Dual Sync

nikhsub1, it a lucky guy, I just put two sticks on my system and could only do 195 without corrupting my hard drive, I guess some win and some lose;)

nunez1980 said:
nikhsub1, it a lucky guy, I just put two sticks on my system and could only do 195 without corrupting my hard drive, I guess some win and some lose;)
What board are you running? If it is an NF2 board, the chipset voltage will limit your FSB overclock. I can't go over 200 because of it. Others with a chipset voltage mod, have been running this ram to 236FSB with no problems, 5-2-2-2!

conscript said:
Nik, is your sig up to date? You're actually using OCZ memory?:eek:
Not any more, I have the OCZ EL 3500 but like i said, the TwinMos runs better in my board! Sig updated!

Back