• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this case be good for Water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

URGENT Water Cooling Case Question

It is the latest one of the antec performance series. a 120mm fan in the front and back. This is the link Link to pictures on Newegg. Tell me what you think compared to This.

I want to put a Chevette or the largest heatercore I can fit in the front but since I am a n00b to watercooling I have never seen a heater core in real life and was wondering if you guys could give an estimate of how many inches or cm. those extra HDD racks take up.

I am planning on buying my supplies for watercooling this weekend (1/10/03):D so a quick responce would be greatly appreciated:) .

Last edited:
hmm it is a bit small but if you take out the 3.5inch bay thing in the fron i think you could jam a inline systemin there

yeha if you havnt gotten any cases yet go for the chieftech dragons with the front cover thing then just take out the bottum hard drive holder and it feats the heatercores from dtek perfect

you could drill a big 120mm hole in the fron for the fan and get a big funnel like thing that would be really neat and then have a grill on the 120mm right inside there that would look bad *** kinda like a subwoofer

wildbilly2k said:
yeha if you havnt gotten any cases yet go for the chieftech dragons with the front cover thing then just take out the bottum hard drive holder and it feats the heatercores from dtek perfect

But those dragon cases have 80mm air intakes in the front. I imagine that would hamper airlfow a bit...

You could always try what i've done, which is have the heatercore at the top, you lose a 5.25"bay, but it means you can keep all you hdd bays!

WaterCoolingSetupdiagram-2%20copy.jpg

MDA.

Thanks for your relpies.

MDA how do you fit a 6"x7"x2" radiator in a 5 1/4" drive bay?

i just bought that case....it took some serious work for to fit my watercooling in there but i wanted to avoid drilling a large hole. i mounted my blackice extreme at the back 120mm hole. i had to dremel out the grill, part of the side panel, and holes for the fittings to come through the wall. now that i'm finished it turned out really nice. if you wanted to mount a heatercore that would be a different story. mounting it in the front is out of the picture, but the 5 1/4" bay would be a good idea. if i could re-do my whole purchasing experience i woulda bought a heatercore and dont my mounting at the top...but oh well, what i got now looks beautiful

Sorry didn't realise the size of the heatercore you want to use, Ive got a black ice extreme and it's small enough to fit in! The closest drive bay is ocupied by my 'live drive' which means I have a little more room to play with. I'll try and get some photos so you can see what ive done.

MDA.

Never mind

I have just been told that I have won a premodded Lian Li from xoxide curtosy of overclockercafe.com :D :D :D :D

Lian Li's are good for Watercooling Right?

gulp35 said:
Thanks for your relpies.

because this drive bays are 6" acrost. 5.25' was the size of the floppy disk, not the drive you put the disk in, and all cd-rom drives are around 6 inches acrost. hope this helps.

dagamore said:

because this drive bays are 6" acrost. 5.25' was the size of the floppy disk, not the drive you put the disk in, and all cd-rom drives are around 6 inches acrost. hope this helps.

It is going to be a tight fit anyway- it's 15cm or 5.9"... just shy of the 6" mark.

with my digital calipers i read the opening as 5.9210inches acrost, i think that this is close enough to a 6 inch opening for most work, and the rad is only 6 inches acrost, with just a little muscle is should fit in there fine :), if it dont go in at first get a bigger hammer :)

Back