• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 1.8a which ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elekt

i just bought a p4 1.8 a and a albatron 845pe that will arive soon. what kind of ram and what speed should i get? im a real noob when it comes to ram. i have one stick of 256 ddr kingston.
kvr266x64c25/256 is what it says ob the chip.

i am wondering if i can use this ram and add another 512 and if so will this effect the speed of the ram? i plan on overclocking the 1.8 a if that helps, i want quick ram and if i have to get all new ram for this mobo i will just get a 512 and what is the best speed/brand ? i dont know much about ram like the PC ratings and what not, i think the ram i have is pc2100 im not sure tho, thank you for your help :)

You''l want to ditch that RAM you have and get a 512 stick of something good, like Corsair XMS PC3200 or something like that. PC2100 will only be good for 133 FSB if you use the 1:1 memory setting. That's too wimpy.

I would just get some good pc2700. Some cas2 Geil pc2700 can be had at googlegear.com for 140 bucks.

Back