• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS3500C2 max voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FACTION95Si

I have a 512 stick of Corsair XMS 3500C2. Right now I have the voltage set at 1.7V. How high can I run the voltage without damaging my ram?

I'm pretty sure you mean 2.7V as DDR default voltage is 2.5V. Corsair says anything over 2.8V will void the warranty.Whether you want to listen to that or not is your choice. I wouldn't go much higher than 2.9V though.

I run mine at 2.9v. My system runs 24x7 and I'm pushing the memory to the limit with my FSB

give er all its got then let us know when the smoke starts to roll! no not really, unless you like, but ive seen people running it as high as 3.0v and 3.1v!

I would not go over 2.8v for very long. For one, you void your warrenty (who cares!). For two, it is virtualy gauranteed electomigration will punch hold though that baby in a few weeks and you will have ram that won't run very fast, or at all.

MidnightCowboy said:
I would not go over 2.8v for very long. For one, you void your warrenty (who cares!). For two, it is virtualy gauranteed electomigration will punch hold though that baby in a few weeks and you will have ram that won't run very fast, or at all.

NOOOO.....I'm working with my Corsair XMS3200 C2 at 3,5 Vmem for about 5 months.......

hipro5 said:

NOOOO.....I'm working with my Corsair XMS3200 C2 at 3,5 Vmem for about 5 months.......
i dont know hipro5 hes got a technicaly valid statement. who ever set the standerd for ddr vmen at 2.5 had electromigration in mind im sure. granted we arnt looking for 20 years of life out of our ram but.....

yes it is not advisable to go over 2.85 without some kind of cooling. i run my samsung pc 2700 at 2.95 but i have heat spreader and fan blowing on it.

2.85 should give you the boost you need if its a good stick of ram!

I'm working with my Corsair XMS3200 C2 at 3,5 Vmem for about 5 months.......

3.5v! Just 3 weeks of 3.2v killed my last stick of Samsung CTL PC2700, the stick will barely run at 133 Mgz relaxed timings in a KT266A board now :rolleyes: Perhaps Winbond chips are more robust, but I find it hard to believe any computer part running a full volt over stock will last very long.

You can buy what I am using right now, Corsair PC3000C2. Uses 6ns Samsung CTL modules...of course you will pay a little extra. I couldn't find any guarenteed CTL sticks online, and got a great deal on 2x 256 MB of this Corsair. I believe that the second version of Corsair PC2700C2 and third version of OCZ PC2700C2 and thier PC3000C2 use the CTL modules as well....but who the hell is going to buy OCZ.

If you look at DDR voltage for VGA cards, you'll be surprised !!!

For examples: a GF4 Ti4200 With Samsung TC40 4ns modules get voltage treatments at 3.22V as DEFAULT. Some people overclocks their VGA with 3.66V - 3.74V. However, they also reports that over 3.90V they have nice dead card. :p

So I believed what Hipro said of running his memory at 3.50V for over 5 months. If you are hardcore overclocker, a 3.50V treatment I think is a possibility. Ask Hipro "what FSB are you running now?"

If you want to be in the safe side, 2.70V to 2.80 is enough for most people.

The MAX (for the time been) fsb with this Ram of mine is 198,5MHz....I run my Kingson Value Ram DDR333(PC2700) with Winbond -6ns chips on board at 264MHz(528MHz DDR) with Cas 2-2-3-7 and 3,6Vmem.... :D

There you go....

attachment.php

Back