• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dtl and ctl won't work together?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

I have two sticks of 256 samsung - one ctl one dtl - and they won't work together. They work alone spectacularly, pass memtest benchies without sweating, but when I put them both in, it errs at 511mb. It will boot mostly into windows then either do a protection error or a memory allocation error. I am kinda mad cuz I just paid 50 for the ctl. If you guys help me out, I'll give you a piece of my chocolate cake :D.

here is a thread that i started the other day after recieving my dtl (already had 256mb ctl, what im currently using, see sigi):http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155103

we are also discussing them a bit here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=156085

so i ask, are you overclocking? because mine worked fine together at stock speeds but threw up bookoo errors and corrupted my reg when i overclocked em. if you dont understand what was going on in the other threads post back here so your q&a dont get lost in the mix. good luck!

ps: you got all those rigs just sitting there, feel free to click the link in my sigi, hehe, just a thought

I have 8 more where those came from. ;). Actually I'm running underclocked (146 fsb) and I can't change the voltage, and no, it doesn't work at 133. It's really frustrating.

LittlePiggie said:
I'll give you a piece of my chocolate cake :D.

Funny, as I read this the smell of a choclate cake just out of the oven comes wafting into my room. mmmmmmm (insert stomach growls)

Bummer about the ctl/dtl. perhaps some more voltage would even things out. The dtl may need more to keep up with the ctl. The ctl should handle the volts alright

I would do the voltage in a heartbeat, if my board supported it.

<--Kicks soyo for making crappy boards

Back