• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my Maze1C be enough for my 2.4B Northy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kid98

Registered
I am running a Tualatin 1.1 at 1.466GHZ with 1.725 volts right now. Runs cool as you please. (a couple of degrees C above ambient case temp) My radiator is a Black Ice Pro with 1/2 inch fittings. I have a Maze1c waterblock with half inch fittings. Pump is Ehiem 1048. I can't find any other rating than .36C/w for this block. ( I really feel it is better than that) But using that number and a base of 25C, I am left with an almost 32C rise in temp. (if I understand the formula) I also have a push/pull configuration on the radiator with Pabst 120mm fans. Do I have any prayer of cooling a 2.4B if I buy one? I really hope the c/w is better or that I am calculating this all wrong. I am only cooling the cpu with this, no video or chipsets. Your experienced input is appreciated!!!

Kid

PS: I need some cpu to pull my modded 9500 NP!!!

Looks like I found an article here at Overclockers.com that compares the DD maze block to the DD open style of block. It rates the maze at .12 cw. I wonder if it is really that good?? That would make my project work with no problem I think.

Input??

Kid

I don't see anything wrong with using a maze 1. Switching blocks may improve temps a few degrees, but what will that get you? 20-30 more mhz maybe. Not worth the price of a new block (IMHO). The rest of your system seems fine as well, so go for it.
Also remember that since you'll be using a different motherboard, the temps won't be comparable with your present system.

P.S. Are you getting any artifacts with your card?

good luck mounting it! YESH! my bro has a maze 1 c and hes using it on a XP 1600 at 1853~ with 30c temps using a heatercore and single enermax 120mm fan~

Thanks for the responses. I only get artifacts in part of the DX9 demo for the bear. No artifacts in RTCW, UT2003 Demo Benchie, CodeCreatures Bench, or 3dmark2001se. I get a minor checkerboard affect on the screen with four bears on the right-top bear's neck. Other than that, so far, so good. You can read about my mod (it was a bumpy ride) in the video cards section under ati. I have ordered the plexi hold down to use with a P4 for my Maze1C. I hope that works well.

Kid

Back