• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Ok , i need a little feedback here.

I was running my H2o setup with 80% distilled water and 20% antifreeze. My cpu (tbred 1800) is @ 2124Mhz (11x193) with 2v thru the core.

I just swapped the res. My first res was a Qt. size mayo jar. The way my H2o is set up is like this:

It's external. Plastic file cabinet enclosure.

160mm fan at the back
chevy heatercore in the front
Mayo jar inbetween.

The airflow was being blocked by the jar. I got an oval type of jar and swapped it. I used zip ties to fasten it to the inside wall of the enclosure away from the airflow.

Temps before the swap:

Idle:44c
Full load:49-50c

After
Idle:37c
Full load:41-44c

A friend of mine suggested i flush out the water/antifreeze mix and add fresh distilled water and waterwetter. I did that thinking my temps would go lower, but they haven't.
I have no kinks in the lines and all the bubbles are clear. I've lapped my WB ( XML Miro) and applied a fresh dose of AS3. I ran Toast, Prime95 for about 24hrs with no problems.

Question is with the voltage i'm pushing thru the core (2v) and the cooling i have, are these the best temps i'm gonna get? And are they considered good, decent, or great temps?

Any feedback, suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Specs: Epox 8K3A+Rev.1.2 Bios 2A25
Tbred 1800 @ 2124Mhz (11x193) w/2v
Corsair XMS Platinum PC3200 512Mb (1stick) Turbo settings w 2.8vdimm
Visiontek GF4 Ti4200 @ 305/565
Creative SBL 5.1
Netgear FA310TX Nic
2-80Gig WD Raid-0
60Gig Maxtor
TTGI 520w Psu
Win XP Pro SP1

If your system is stable, your temps are fine... FWIW, if you unmounted the WB during any of the changes, this would have an effect on temps, different mountings provide different results.

No, i did'nt unmount the black since the last time when i swapped cpu's.

My rig is running solid as a rock with no problems what-so -ever. I just wanted to be sure about my temps, after all the trouble i went thru.

Thanx :D

if you didnot remount the waterblock, then how did you reapply the as3? because that sounds like a cool trick to get as3 inbetween your block and the cpu with out removing the block.

dagamore said:
if you didnot remount the waterblock, then how did you reapply the as3? because that sounds like a cool trick to get as3 inbetween your block and the cpu with out removing the block.

LOL, what i meant was the last time i remouted the cpu i added the AS3. You misunderstood me. My apologies for the confusion.

Thundr7 said:

LOL, what i meant was the last time i remouted the cpu i added the AS3. You misunderstood me. My apologies for the confusion.

damn, :mad: thats what i thought you ment, i was hoping you had found out a new AS3 trick:D

dagamore said:

damn, :mad: thats what i thought you ment, i was hoping you had found out a new AS3 trick:D

LOL ! If i do find a way to apply as3 without taking off the wb, you'll be the first to know, how's that?

;) :D

Back