• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good OC board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrO bOiE

What are some top OC motherboards out right now. I think my motherboard is dead so I'm going to start looking at a couple to keep in mind incase my MB does not revive.

Abit: It7 Max2
Asus: P4PE, P4B533-E, P4T533(RDRAM)

These are just the more expensive ones that came out later. All are great ocers. You make the choice of going DDR or RDRAM.

Just search around the forums. This subject has been posted gazillions of times.

definately check out the Albatron 845PE , I have read that this mobo has lockouts for PCI and AGP so they can run stock speeds but the FSB can go insanely high.
Skip was telling me that Ed or Joe C had gotten theirs to like 170 or something awesome like that , check them out ,they are 85 bux on newegg

Abit BE-7 RAID: Same overclocking features of the IT-7 MAX2 Rev. 2 for about sixty dollars less.

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra: Probably the best feature set and price combo of any P4 board, very good overclocker.

BHD

Yeah, the good old Abit BD7-II is still a great board, with lockable pci and AGP, as well as a 3:4 fsb:mem ratio available.

I'd also suggest going for a board with the granite bay chipset if you can find one and are willing to spring the cash for it. Word is, they are better overclockers. And while the memory can only be run in synch, benchmarks show that a pair of pc2100 sticks beat the speed of pc3200. This is not a dud like nforce2 is.

my alybatron px845 pev ,,, has all the voltage tweaks,,, mem, agp, cpu and so on.... I to didnt want raid or ata 150, so I got the plain board, just came with onboard lan , 3com I think it is and it works well. but the albatrons seem to be low on voltage,,, only thing I dont like about it but hope they fix that with a bios revison.

psy

NiTrO bOiE said:
Do any of the motherboards you guys listed have options for mem volt, and AGP volt?

i've got the albatron px845pev. vagp 1,5-1,6, vdimm 2,5-2,8, agp/pci fix, fsb up to 248. looks good and it's cheap. ~90 euros

some reboot problems with the originalbios. new bios flashed - no more problems.

Back