• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

226 Watt Peltier, 40x40, do they exist?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

need something powerful but small, but I can only find a 172 40x40 peltier.

also, I heard there was 256 watt pelts around, anyone have a link to this?

just always looking for something with alittle more power...:D

Humm, so far I only found 226w thats 50x50 in size. I would like to know too, since the MCW-50T can only fit a 40x40 pelts.

videocard, need it to be able to fit my mounting system, a clamp isn't really a option, cause teh prometeia tube leaves very little room for a clamp, with the card under it.

a 172, although nice, isn't doing enough so far, I get demps of about 55F, with the card OC'd and under full load, with chilled water, granted this is alot better then it was without the peltier and watercooling alone keeping it at 88F consistantly.

but like always, I want to know the best options around.
if I can get a 226 that fits, it would be nice to try.

my current 226 is sitting here cause it can't fit under my waterblock and copper plate cause it blocks the mounting holes, and like I said, a clamp is hardly an option with the prometeia blocking the way...

My MCW-50T can only house a 40x40 pelt, and the default one is a 80w 40x40. With its direct die cooling on the pelt, a 226w shouldn't be any problem:D

Kato,

Dangerden has a 172, 40x40 pelt, that you can switch with the little 80 you have, get alittle extra juice in there ;)

but i might ask why do u need a 226 for ur video card i mean come on buya stand alone prometia box mount it on top and hook that bad boy up j/k no if u cant find a 226 a 172 should be overclockerkill enough...

Kunaak said:
videocard, need it to be able to fit my mounting system, a clamp isn't really a option, cause teh prometeia tube leaves very little room for a clamp, with the card under it.

a 172, although nice, isn't doing enough so far, I get demps of about 55F, with the card OC'd and under full load, with chilled water, granted this is alot better then it was without the peltier and watercooling alone keeping it at 88F consistantly.

but like always, I want to know the best options around.
if I can get a 226 that fits, it would be nice to try.

my current 226 is sitting here cause it can't fit under my waterblock and copper plate cause it blocks the mounting holes, and like I said, a clamp is hardly an option with the prometeia blocking the way...

Sounds exactly like a clamping problem that a larger powered pelt will not solve.

Was seeing well below freezing temps with just an 80W peltier running at 12V (rated for 17V) cooling my video card using water that was reaching up to 35C on a hot day.

The peltier positively MUST be clamped independently of the mounting pressure against the card. This is the only way to guarantee good cooling performance.

It's also one of the fundamental design points behind my upcoming GPU/TEC block, and is the block I used to obtain those results.

I also believe it's very possible to exceed direct surface peltier cooling with a properly designed copper block.

Cathar said:

Was seeing well below freezing temps with just an 80W peltier running at 12V (rated for 17V) cooling my video card using water that was reaching up to 35C on a hot day.

What GPU is that, and is it overclocked?

Sounds like power consumption for GPU's may not be nearly as high as some of the numbers I see bandied about.

Since87 said:

What GPU is that, and is it overclocked?

Sounds like power consumption for GPU's may not be nearly as high as some of the numbers I see bandied about.

Heh, well, yes. It was a GF3Ti200 running at 280/590 core/mem (no volt mods). Cold-plate was a 3mm thick aluminium plate.

I realise that the GF4Ti's and R9700's push out more heat, but nothing that a 172W pelt certainly can't bring down to well below freezing if clamped and cooled properly.

Getting prototype version 2 made up and coupling it with a copper cold-plate. Will be picking up a 172W pelt and sticking the lot on my GF4Ti4600 and giving it a bash.

Yes cathar, I was just playing around with a peltier and that microchannel gpu block I made, I had the thing to -32c with 15c watter no problem, I would think it would be around -10 to 0c on a gpu, I think the problem mite be that the r9700 has a SHIM on it, Its probably not making proper contact with the die

actually Im not 100% sure, I beleve its around an 80watt peltier, I can run it off my 10 amp power supply no problem, I think its a marlow industries peltier, I saw the exact same lookin one on ebay a while back, but who knows

Back