• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dyelite + UV Cathode = Awesome [vid]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G33k

Okay, I was bored and desperately trying to avoid writing an essay so I decided to illustrate just why DyeLite and UV Cold Cathode's are cool! Click on the image below to download the video I made (You'll need the DivX codecs) :

Pretty cool I think you'll agree :D

that was perrty cool, watching the hosing light up one at a time, i sorta thought that you would see if flow throught the system, but i didnot really see that, just one toob after the other light up. still it looks nice, just messey enoght to show you dont care about the mess.

Heh, thats pretty kewl. I take it you added in the DyeLite into the water lines after the whole thing had been used? So the DyeLite would be mixed in once it was started, i.e. go through the tubes and lite up like that?
That is pretty kew.

Yeah, I had the pump running and dumped a couple of drops into the water.

For your information, I do care about mess... it's just with so much water-cooling in there, I don't have a lot of choice! ;)

NEATO! You've got like a lightsabre effect going on in there. Now, if you could only figure out a way to activate the dye-lite and deactivate it over and over again. Water tubes with pulsating light would be damn cool.

Nice vid, I like it when mine does that too, never thought of making a vid tho. That divx codec you linked to contains Gator, I wouldn't suggest anybody install that. You can get a gator-free version HERE.

peace.
unloaded

which uv dye did you use exactly? i have some kinda dark blue and its very lame, it might be cos im using silicone tubing though which isnt clear, what tubing are u using?

I use the clear/blue dyelite (looks clear when the UV is off and blue when it's on).

I use PVC tubing throughout.

I just think it looks like those old star trek movies.
flick a button and stuff "powers up".
All you need now is a big *** panel with lots of leds that flickers. ;)

Interesting approach! How many UV lights are in your case to make the water glow nicely like that? Do you think one light would of been enough?

UnLoadeD said:
Nice vid, I like it when mine does that too, never thought of making a vid tho. That divx codec you linked to contains Gator, I wouldn't suggest anybody install that. You can get a gator-free version HERE.

peace.
unloaded

Woah!!! Had no clue about that one. I just ran ad-aware and had 39 Gator files. Jeez thanks alot G33k:p BTW nice vid and cool effect.;) :D

Oops - my bad :) There are two cathodes in the case. It looks fine with a single light, but two looks better. I really need a third though to make the reservoir in the top light up ;)

Back