• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FLATNESS - anyone interested ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im gonna test mine one more time to make sure its dead before I send it to you:)

sounds good geek
this forum does not seem to have many killers, lots of action on procooling

be cool

Did you get my PM earlier? Its a 1600+ killed by direct die cooling, Everything stayed sealed really good and all, It must have absorbed water or something, It just didnt boot one day

JON

lol
direct die cooling, what a joke
but experience doesn't transfer, (most of) each generation persists in learning the hard way

so have you figured out 'why' it 'just stopped' ?
send it along, I'll give it a decent burial (better than its life anyway)

no PM notification, seems to be variable - for me at least

be cool

I'm quite interested in flatness of the CPU cores, although I've always considered them flat, or at teh very least, ever so slightly convex.

I'd also like to see the actual flatness of average pentium IHSs. The only lapping done to my CPUs are 2x 366 celery & P4 1.6A, both with IHSs which were deffinately NOT flat, although the P4 was due to a nick in the edge, which raised that portion & needed sanded & lapped.

Regretfully, I've never killed a processor (thats good overall, but bad for this thread ;) )

I'll check out my previous employer, they might have some bad CPUs, but most get sent back for RMA.

Bill you wrote, "lol direct die cooling, what a joke". Do you have an artical or something that would explain why it is not a good/viable method of cooling.

Thanks for the information

themodguy

the experience.. not too much has happened negetively that I know of, Not many people have done athlon xps so I gave it a shot, it was fun, but I do regret it to an extent, Or I wish I had dropped it earlier. just a day earlier when I WAS gonna take it off...

Also, I pmed you about the core being offset, and if it matters that much, if it makes a difference in performance if you have the jet offset that .05something inches.

research, key to everything

all organics are permeable to some extent, epoxies are well known in this regard due to their use as adhesives
common tests are weight gain, swelling, blistering, etc in addition to the mechanical properties tests
temperature accelerates all of these effects, which are all negative

is there a clue here ?

if the CPU package is not 'rated' by the mfgr for underwater service, why - or how - do you conclude that it is ?

now this has been discussed over and over and over
there are threads literally everywhere

try the relevant words plus leufkin or leufkins on the hard forum
he was certainly smarter than his customers, he made money and they lost their CPUs

geek, once sufficiently exposed it was just a question of the time to failure, one day less would not have saved it

be cool

Numerous CPU's you can have Bill.
Range from Tbird , but mostly XP's

Ill put them in with the rad (Later this week)

.Jess

for those not aware of it, a more technically oriented thread HERE

and I STILL NEED DEAD CPUs

be cool

There happens to be a lot of interesting stuff going on in the
other forums, but we should make an effort to keep some
good stuff right here at home.

Is anyone else sick of signing up on too many forums?

Bill still needs more dead CPUs.....:D

Back