• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 370 DDR Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i did the same question a while back and the responses i got was about the Pentium III/Celeron not really getting any benefit of the larger bandwidth of the DDR RAM.

assuming you ARE thinking about to overclock the system, i still beleive that the speed increase would be negligible, or not worth the money.

you could do a research about some socket 370 DDR boards and search the madonions 3dmark database, and compare the results with SDRAM boards..

I still have a socket370 / DDR mobo in the classifieds....should check it out:rolleyes:

Let me know a little about it, performance wise. I would like to get some responses to performance differences between sdram and DDR for a pentium 3.

i have researched this very issue and you only get a marginal increase in performance. upgrade to an amd/p4 if you are going to spring for a motherboard and ddr.

ptwearnhardtfan said:
My thoughts exactly. But if the increase in performance was decent and the mobo was cheap, I might have considered it.

then maybe there would be no P4 yet.
:)

if you are looking for a cheap upgrade, throw an adapter and a tualitin in there. i got an adapter for $30 and 1.1a celeron for $40, and it is running at 150fsb right now, burning in. check out the adapters at

http://www.strattoncomputer.com/slot1-fcpga2.html

they also have fcpga=>fcpga2 adapter, which is what i have. seems to work great, i got 50%+ more processor power for $70.

Back