• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nihil

I've brought some used watercooling components, and would like to know how i best clean them before use? its 4 copperblocks and 1 radiator (PWCool).

salt and vinegar (or ketchup, which contains salt and vinegar). Just don't leave it on too long, these two things are very corrosive, which is exactly why they work so well at cleaning.

I've gotten the best results though with light sand paper for the outside of the block

And remember to leak test EVERYTHING! A LOT!

ive found that silver polish from homedepot works well to take off dirt and to polish the copper
just to let u know the acid and oils from your fingers can dicolor your wb.

I use a cleaner made for humidifiers. I add a few caps full to a bucket of water. Then I connect parts to the pump output and drop em all in the bucket and let em circulate for about a 1/2 hour. Then I dump out the water and replace with clean and let this circulate for a bit and repeat a few times. It does a good job of cleaning and its important to get everything rinsed thoroughly as its a mild acid solution.

peace.
unloaded

The stuff Dtek sells works really well. Its almost like a bleach for copper, and its really quick and easy to use :) Then once its cleaned I like to take some copper polish and make the block really shine.

Back