• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

To all of you that have the heatercore from D-Tek, did you notice that if you moved it, that there is rattling in the top of it? I just got mine on Friday and I noticed when I was taking it out of the box, there was a rattling near the top tank. I e-mailed Danny about it, but I guess he doesn't work on the weekedns. Should I worry about it? I think it would kill the flow of the water going through it.

I have the Dtek core, however I never noted any rattles in the core, as far as affecting flow it really depends what and where it is, if it's somehow blocking some water ports then yes it can restrict flow and cause slightly higher temps, I say wait until he gets back to you.

mamer

My own heatercore (not D-Teks) did that right after soldering on the new barbs and pipes for inlet/outlet.
Shook the daylights out of it, and sure enough, it was stray solder that formed a ball inside when it leached into the seam. There's no flux on the inside, so it doesn't bond to anything.

Just shake the heck out of it, and it should come out.

Yes, I have soldered a handfull of barbs onto heatercores, and just as Diggrr said, balls of solder occaisonly form inside, they should come right out with a few shakes.

Back