• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4G8X Deluxe Landed (UK)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amigan

well, its finally arrived asus's granite bay offering.

i've just built a system on this using a intel p4 2.53ghz C1 & 1gb kingston pc27000 value ram (only matching pair i had to hand)

matched an alpha pal 8942 cooler with a ys-tech crappy fan.

the 2.53ghz c1 couldnt go over 155fsb stable on a p4pe duluxe board no matter what voltage below 1.6 (bios) this baby is currenly running 166fsb @ 1.55v, guess the p4pe i had just couldnt cut it.

well this board absolutely rocks with budget ram aint done full tweaking and not using cas2 ram but this is one hell of a great board, i can just feel it.

hitting 4062 Mb/s in sandra's memory benchmark

i'll play more once i stop drooling and the artic silver begins to function fully.

Amigan.

Glad you're happy with your board m8. I've got an Asus P4G8X Deluxe as well and am also very happy with it. The overclocking is fantastic, it's rock-solid even when overclocked and the performance is great too. I've had mine running at 180MHz FSB/MEM but my poor Northwood is getting a bit toasty at that speed. I'm getting a better cooler in a day or two so I should be able to push a little more out of it - maybe 185MHz FSB/MEM?

Where did you get yours from? Insight? OCUK? Scan?

This board rocks.:)

The 6 layers must make a difference. from what i've seen so far (OK, it's only an n=3). overclocks on these boards are achieved with lower core voltages than on PE chipset boards. I am very encouraged and STILL waiting for my giga board to come in.

Originally posted by caboob:
The 6 layers must make a difference. from what i've seen so far (OK, it's only an n=3). overclocks on these boards are achieved with lower core voltages than on PE chipset boards. I am very encouraged and STILL waiting for my giga board to come in.

I'll be sure and let you know my experiences when my 8INXP gets here either today or tomorrow.

I have high hopes for overclocking with it.:)

I'll be sure and let you know my experiences when my 8INXP gets here either today or tomorrow.

Back