• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help choosing the mounting method of my new block.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-J-

Registered
Ok, i will be using the motherboard holes, but how should i hold the screws?

i really dont know how strong it should be. i though about using some springs, and behind the mobo a acrilic plate with holes for the screws.

would the acrilic hold the screws??

the acrilic plate shouldnt be thicker than 5mm cause i dont wish to mod the mother tray.

at least i would prefer not to.

this is a pic of the block im making.
13mini.JPG

let the copper hold it, preferably the bottom plate~on top~
Now on the back of the MB, just use the 4holes, dont worrie, aslong as you use the 6-8p springs, (i think) you should be fine~

Last edited:
Hey that block looks great;) I would just use the standard 4 hole mounting system...that comes with nearly ever other block, and i would use springs...so that you do not risk crushing the core....

sorry i wasnt clear enough. it seems u didnt understand me.

i mean, im planning on using the 4 holes with the screws.

the problem is how i hold the screws from the other side of the mobo.

cause i have only 5mm between the mobo and the mother tray.

you should stick the bolts thru the mobo with the nylon washers and whatnots and lock them in there, then set the block on and screw it down,

another thing, why is that block soo tall? I think 1/2inch thick middle plate should be the maximum.. maybe even 1/4inch, get the velocity rollin

i allready have the 4cm tall acrilic block.

i will get a 2cm tall one soon. and try both to see if theres any difference (apart from the cost).

could anyone put some photos of the nylon washers and the whatnots. i need to see them to know what to get.

Back