• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 Corsair vs other

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Im going to get some PC3200 to go with my new 8RDA (planning on two 512mb sticks). Now, i know Corsair is the best, but is it worth it? What about Samsung? I also remember hearing good things about Kingston. Any recomendations welcome.

having owned just about every brand of DDR out there, I'd have to say the Corsair is worth it. Esp. if you plan on exceeding PC-3200 speeds. If your'e just going to be running @ spec, you could go with Samsung.

Yah, considering 512mb PC3200 sticks are only 166 from googlegear right now, i dont think i will save much by trying to skimp on it.

WyrmMaster said:
Yah, considering 512mb PC3200 sticks are only 166 from googlegear right now, i dont think i will save much by trying to skimp on it.

YOu'll be glad you spent the money. Corsair is usually good for going above & beyond what it is spec'd to do. The others can top out much closer to spec. Or you could just get lucky....but I agree. Don't take the chance.

Back