• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get more out of PC1066

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voxace

Registered
Hi, I have a few questions.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good way for me to get more than 150mhz FSB out of my RDRAM. What have others done to get a better RDRAM overclock?
It seems to run fine at 150mhz for most apps/games - but it wont even boot for 152+.
I assume it's the RAM which won't go further??
Will adding a 120mm fan (108cfm) in the side of my case blowing directly on to the RAM help at all?
I also get 3826/3815 MB/sec in sandra - is this alright for 150mhz FSB?

Also Off topic - my case temp reads around 36-40 degrees and my CPU temp is usually around 48-56 degrees - is this too hot or are these sensors off or what? (it is summer here in Australia)

Any help much appreciated. Thanks...

3800 aint bad ,but try this.it takes a good cpu, but try cranking up the fsb and change the rdram to 3x it puts a lot less stress on the rdram and makes for a more efficient thruput. ie the guys at extreme sytems are cranking their asus boards to 193 fsb then running the rdram @ 3x. and getting 4500-4600 sandra benchmarks. also check my post on interesting rdram bandwith discovery

Right..AS flapperhead said, change CAS from 2/2.5 - 3...ADDing a fan onto ur comp wont allow u to increase the mhz any higher. Overheating would only be a problem if the ram booted and was stable from a cold boot

Back