• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 4T4A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

I can get a refurbished Epox 4a4t+ for probably under 100 bucks. Just wondered if I should go for it?? Haven't found a review for this board yet. Has anyone else??? How well does it overclock?? Can you lock the AGP/PCI dividers???I have about a day and a half to make a decision.

As for it's O/C capability, I don't think it's quite as good as a new (or fixed) ASUS P4T533. You won't find any reviews on the board because it had pretty severe problems when it was first released.

Your choices are 3X or 4X memory speeds which will hold you back some. I know OCZ has RIMM4800 that would allow you to get to 150 FSB with the 4X memory setting. I would definately get good memory for this board--it is rather picky.

It does have PCI/AGP lock so you should be good there.

Make sure you get the January 9, 2003 BIOS for it.

I like the RAID and ICH4 for sure. It's a clean, neat board, but it has a few bugs.

HTH

Back