• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Abit BE-6 accept a P3-733

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I wanna help a friend extend the life of his BX setup, he is currently running a celly 300a @ 450 for last well close to 2 yrs.

I would give him a cheap p3-733 I can buy but can this board accpet this chip? Quote below

Another critical aspect is the support for a 133 MHz FSB. Officially, the BX chipset does not officially support this speed, and setting it to this frequency would run the AGP interface out of spec, since AGP is always clocked at 2/3 of the FSB. At 133 MHz FSB, that would mean an AGP clock speed of 89 MHz - too high for most cards

He is using a geforce MX400 would this handle the 89 mhz agp speed, looks like I may be better to try to find a p3 700

Cisco KId

Last edited:
coo, thx I was just too lazy heheh, says up to 850, I gotta find out though if 733 will work on the 133 bus even though system will have agp outa spec

cisco kid

I wouldn't think you wanna push the pci agp at all. No way to fix it huh. How about latest bios...

it ought to work, i ran a tnt2 at 1/1 and 150 fsb. if you have 2/3 and 1/4 you can get pretty high fsb, bx boards are famous for running above 150 in spite of the only having 2/3 and 1/4 dividers.

On my old comp i had a 733 FCPGA with adapter on a BE6 and it worked with no problem ( It still working for my friend that bought it )

Back