• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

150fsb on my 440BX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SBeaver

I had been looking for a new bios for my old Lucky-Star 6ABX2V for quite some time and I couldn't find it anywhere.
I managed to find thier homepage (this was almost a year ago) and it was a mess and stayed that way for 6 months or so when suddenly they updated it (these people still have BX-boards in their NEW section)
I found a bios with the right name allthough the info in the site was incorrect and I could just as well have ruined my board.
But it had been sitting on a shelf for ages so I thought why not.
To my surprise, it worked, and even better...
It gave me higher fsb settings!
I had been unable to get more than 133fsb (which is still higher thatn most of these boards will allow) and I just knew that my 550mhz p3 was just waiting for more work.
With the new bios i get 140 and 150mhz settings!
I'm still confused wether it has any higher pci dividers or not but I think that 1/3 is the highest but I have now tried booting at 140 and it startet ok.
I can't test any more now since I still have stock cooling and the board is hanging out from an old AT-case that doesn't fit very well at all.
hoping I can reach 825MHz since that's the highest I can get with 5,5*150 then.
We shall see.
Really nice this is, more WU's.

140fsb works fine now when I finally got it working right with all hardware in.
150 is still unstable.
Maybe I should lower memory timings a little...

Wow, 140MHz FSB is pretty good for 440BX. Last time I used that chipset was with my Abit BX6 and I was running a 103MHz FSB on my Celeron 300A. Ahhh, the good old days.:)

bx chipset will never die...i've got tualy celeron running at 150fsb in my bx board right now. the board will rock at high fsb, you are already getting a great overclock out of that cpu, if you can up the voltage you may get 150. or as you thought, it may be the ram. i had some pc166 that would not run above about 140! so you never know...

Well I can't be the ram, I set all timings low and it still gets messy when running Prime and superPI.
How do I get the voltage up then?
There are no jumpers on the board, pin mod maybe or should I voltage mod the regulator as you do on modern boards?

I only found voltage mods for the old Deschutes at Katesch (yeye) Pentium 2 slot-1 cpus not for coppermine.
My 550E has 1.65v as standard and I want to bring it up a few notches if possible.
Whick pins is it I need to cover?
Anyone?

Back