• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC2700 - Another vs. thread - today's Samsung/Crucial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gordon Airport

Registered
I know the answer is Corsair XMS, but for the $ I'll notice the addition of a CDRW much more than the extra bandwidth.
So it looks like the real contenders from Newegg are Crucial, Samsung "original", and - if it's really worth waiting for it to get back in stock - Corsair Value Select.
I'm looking for the best overclocker (as measured by benchmarks - I don't really care if I get there by Mhz or timing.) I know the Samsung ain't what it used to be between the C and D versions, Crucial aparantly isn't /that/ great for overclocking, and I can't find any results or info for the Corsair value. I need to stop obsessing and place the friggin' order, help!

between the two, i would say samsung. the dtl doesnt overclock near as well as the ctl nor does it mix will with ctl, but by itself running at less than extreme fsb speeds its great ram.

ps: its doubtful that this would happen cause i know for a fact the newegg just recently got in a new shipment of samsung, but it would be worth it to call and see if they had some old ctl laying around. highly unlikely but just a thought. also ive heard that when kingston runs out of chips they use sammys so thats something to look for also.

pss: some people get descent overclocks with the dtl, but like i said some and im not in that catergory. the ram in my sigi is ctl.

Back