• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE - Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Beta Bios

I am running 1003 and its fine with my system overclocked from 1.8 to 2.43 and memory in turbo mode with a 3/4 divider.

Cool, what are you running for cpu and what are the temps under load? I'm running the 2.4b at 2.557, and under load, it's right at 49/50 C. At idle, it runs about 35 C. Thanks.
Doc

Any downside to going to the beta bios?

OT - what does 1:1 mean - Sorry but im a newb, I think it is cpu to memory, but im not too sure, and when someone states 4:5 setting, how do you do that and what does that give you?

dom i had very similar temps to yours before i put on my thermalright ax(numbers here). it dropped my temps 5 degrees under load and idle. however I think those temps are fine and you have no problems. just dont bump up the vcore much.

for 1:1 leave our asus p4pe memory frequency at auto. for the other timings of 4:5 and 3:4 or whatever they are go into the area where you set memory frequencys. There are three numbers for every fsb setting, that number is based on what your fsb is set at. you can do a calculation (fsb/4)=(5/x) where x is the speed of the memory to understand the meaning behind the expression 4:5 etc.

i am sure there are better explainations out there however i was new to this like you and figured it out that way. there is NO place that i have found that says 4:5 1:1 etc...that just seems to be an expression used to describe your memmory frequency as compared to your fsb...

actually i went and looked at my expression i stated and it is wrong too. i dont have time just atm to formulate a proper response mathmatically, just go into your memory frequencies and the highest mhz is a 3:4 i believe, the middle is a 4:5 and the lower is 1:1.

Last edited:
to make it simple

If ur fsb were 100mhz, and u set ur memory to 3/4 were the 3 is ur fsb speed, the memory would be operating at 133mhz or 266mhz in ddr terms, so setting the divider to 4/5 would give u a memory speed of 125mhz or 250mhz in memory terms.

Back