• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best WC setup for 130 dollars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

can you guys give me some Ideas of what I could do to get the best performance for my money. I was thinking about getting a heatercore from a junk yard and JB welding barbs on it. Otherwise I dont know. Please include prices.

Auto Zone- 1987 Chevy Chevette Heater Core $16.95
Probably a Danger Den Maze 3 (Dangerden.com ?) ($40.oo?)

Swiftech has "look-a-like" Ehiem pumps uhhh.....$50.oo?
2 120mm fans rated @ 85cfm atleast.... look online for those.
(search here in the fourm too)

Are we there yet?

Oh yeah... Home Depot for clear tubing. ;) 8ft of course.

:D

Oh yeah I have plenty of fans already so I don't need any of those and I have to fit it in a LL warrior case from Xoxide.com

one thing you must keep in mind. the prices listed on autozone.com are not necessarily in-store prices. the in-store prices are regional. For example, it's $24 for the '87 Chevette heater core at my local autozone.

heater core jb the welds on like you said-total30ish, via aqua 1300 (370gph) for 27 bucks, aluminum tc-4-45ish, 10ft of clearflex tubing-15bucks, total:112 dollars+shipping, all avialable at dtekcustoms.com(man dtek should start paying me! i advertise more than them!)

jFettig- YGPM?

Thanks for all of the help, btw what does it cost to build a standard spiral WB? I have a drill press

you got a PM, private message, click the USER CP up above,

gulp35 said:
Thanks for all of the help, btw what does it cost to build a standard spiral WB? I have a drill press

Assuming you have all the tooling necessary, you will probably pay about $20-$30 in materials to build 1 spiral waterblock. That's at standard prices you'd pay at Lowe's/Home Depot. You can find deals sometimes and get stuff cheaper.

Back