• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE6II/Windows XP install info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xception

Ok,
I just had a very frustrating time getting XP to install on a new WD800JB HDD. Seems even thought I updated to the latest Bios my BE6II still would not recognize the new HDD when hooked to the HPT366 IDE. After re-Fdiking and reformatting like four times and having the install hang during setup with a BSOD stop screen I finally figured it out. It seems you have to hit F6 when it ask you if you want to install a raid driver. I really didn't think of the HPT366 as being raid but it seems XP does. Anyway thats all there was to it. I hope if anyone else is out there having the same problem I did they come across this post and are able to save themselves some time.

Xception

don't want to ask a foolish question, but when you installed XP at the very beginning you hit F6 so you could install the drivers for the HPT366? If not you will need to.

ronin1967,
Yep that is what I was missing but for the life of me I didn't figure it out for the longest time. I have a couple of computers so I was able to do some looking for answers as to why I kept getting the BSOD but did not relate the raid driver to the HPT366. Do you know if HPT366 will support ATA 100 ?

Jirnsum,
You are right, but after doing a little more researching on the subject it seems Bebits has an IDE driver that ups the HPT366 to ATA 100. Anybody try this with this board ?

Back