• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz Help Me !!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FuryPhase

Registered
k....bein the noob i am...i was messin around in bios and changed my ram timings from normal to ultra....oops.....so my comp didn't post and the mobo leds on the back say its memory....well i just went to a computer shop today and he says the memory works fine....his computer posts perfectly fine...i've tried a million times to reset cmos by leaving battery out for a day...shorting the pins.....i still get nothing....with everything connected i get 1 long beep ...sound kinda mixed with hard drive sound..can't explain...and when i disconnect everything except vid/cpu/ram.. i get 8 short beeps...looked it up and 8 short beeps for ami bios says something is wrong with vid card...that just doesn't fit the situation at all.....plz someone put me in the right direction...is the prob just my mobo?..

Last edited:
update...i completely took everything out...re seated everything and left the cpu/ram/ and vid card......one question....is the video card fan supposed to be spinning right when u turn on the computer?....cause mine does not spin and i'm thinking this is why i'm getting the 8 beeps from bios.....i'm so lost.....i messed with memory timings settings ....shop says rams ok....now vid card craps out on me....what the hell is goin on...

Oh.....i just put comp specs in sig..

Back