• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me set my mem timings - easy question for you pros!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

OK, I got XMS 3200. I'm now at 200 FSB sync cas 2. I need to know the optimal settings for:

RAS
RCD
RP

I see mem specs online like 2-3-3-2-3-whatever and I don't know which number corresponds to which setting! I just want to know what the recommended settings for each are, that's all.

--Illah

Chaintech nForce2.

Those are the options, RAS, RCD, and RP. I'm 99% sure RCD is ras to cas delay (or row charge delay), RP is row precharge, and RAS I forget. I just need to know what their setting should be for my mem.

I found the memory timings online, they are 2-3-3-6-T1 cas 2. I know about the 1T and cas2, so what exactly is the 2-3-3-6?

--Illah

Last edited:
Generally, the lower the number the better. For example, Ras to Cas delay. There is a small time period (delay I think in nanoseconds) that exists between each respective operation. So if the delay is normally 3, and you put it to 2, it takes less time for the data process/transfer. So pretty much put all them RCD settings and similar setting to the lowest ones. If it has a a 2 or a 3, then put it on 2. If it has a 5 or 6 I think, then put it on 5. For the cas delay put it from 2.5 to 2. It should be pretty simple to figure out.
-YB

Back