• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many sticks to make 2gigs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScaryDecoy

Registered
Think I should go with 2 1gb sticks that are samsung

1GB PC2100 DDR Module Unbuffered NonECC, 2.5 Cas Latency

or

should I go with 4 sticks of MUSHKIN DDR 512MB PC-2100 - OEM Rated 2-2-2.

It's about the same cost, this memory won't be overclocked, it will be going into a Iwill DP533 motherboard (the new 7505 dual ddr board)

Do games load or run any faster with 2GB of Ram? Specifically Battle Field 1942? I'm really curious.

Thanks

RAM is like cooling, after a certain point it doesn't really help much anymore but it definetly can't hurt :) As for the load look into a faster hard drive and/or CD drive, that's probably where your bottleneck is.

--Illah

For a dual machine I highly suggest registered, buffered, and ECC for any module. From what I read from personal experiences, you won't run into memory errors and the system will seem alot smoother.

Yodums

This is gonna be a Iwill DP533 m/b. It doesn't support buffered/registered memory. I don't want the performance hit that ecc brings to the table. I think I am gonna go with Corsair twinx1024-2700ll it will run with the 2-2-2-5 in a pair.

http://www.corsairmicro.com/main/products/specs/twinx1024-2700ll.pdf

I am gonna be running 4 100gb 8mb cache WD's in a raid 0 so I hope the Hard drive isn't the bottleneck. :D

Back