• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, I'd appreciate your feedback..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undertow

Registered
Well, I recently gave in and ordered a little water setup for my PC. At the time, I was kinda on a budget so I managed to pick up a quick kit from a fellow over at Anandtech.

Maze 2-2
MaxiJet 900
BeCool "Aquacoil"

Well, now I can afford to spend a little more.. what should I do? Get a peltier, or maybe upgrade the radiator? I've heard mixed things about the Aquacoil. Also, is it really worth going to a Maze3 as opposed to Maze2-2?

I'll be cooling a XP2400+ on EpoX 8RDA+.

My 'goal' is to have above average cooling while keeping the PC fairly quiet (as opposed to my howling of fans I currently have).

I believe you will benefit from a simple, low pressure drop heater core over the Aquacoil. As for blocks, after you move into the copper based, well made ones, the benefits of one over another start to compress. If a 1C improvement is worth re-purchasing, then by all means, go for it. Don't change too many components at the same time or else you will have trouble differentiating between which change was worth the cost and effort. Once you are done, you can share your observations with others entering the same decision making process.

Hoot

I would probally stay with the maze 2-2, and would first purchase a new radiator, maybe a heatercore or something, then i would buy a new pump, probally a emhiem, although I have a Via Aqua 1300 and it works great....so whatever fits in the budget

If you're going to mostly for quiet, and wouldn't mind seeing some better temps, that'll do you fine.

My only comment about the pump: They're great, but like most pumps, very loud until you get the bubbles out. Once I got them all out of my 1200, well heck, I can't really hear it over the only fan left in my system (1 7volted Panaflo L1A @~14db). So rig up some sort of air trap :)

I vote heatercore as an upgrade also. It will require more room in most cases, but it's worth it over the 'coil.

Back