• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ep-4g4a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

Anyone else using this board. I am having good results with it so far.

I have a 2.66 on it with a gig of memory. So far, I have pushed it to 2.8 gigs running 140MHZ. I am not sure if I want to try higher yet. I have not adjusted the vcore voltage or any other voltages yet.

I may try to get as high as 150MHZ (3 gigs) in a few days if it maintains stability at 140. I am thinking I will have to bump the vcore up some to get to 150 stable though.

It also has the PCI divider lock, so this board is actually pretty nice for overclocking. :)

Mine's been great for the last few months. That is until just recently. I used to be running my 1.8A at 2.4Ghz (133fsb) and with my memory at 354Mhz DDR. Just about 3 days ago, it started giving me all sorts of problems. Now I can only run it at 266Mhz DDR. The problems I've seen manifest themselves as either stop errors while booting into windows (2000) or strange lockups when I'm passed the login phase of windows. I suspect it's the board but it could be the memory. My memory has been fine for the last month since I got it so I can't imagine it being bad out of the blue. I've got an RMA request in with Mwave to see about getting a replacement. We'll see what happens...

Ugh

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if the board is bad. Be nice to know if there is an issue with this board before I try to push it to a higher limit. :)

I sure will! I think this is an isolated case personally. I really like this board and it's never let me down in the last 5 months I've used it. Until now that is...

what temps you guys get with your 4g4a+ ?

My temps seem high and am a little confused. Using the Intel stock heatsink, and a p4 2.0 at 2.6 and 1.7 volts, I get 58 C with peaks of 61C (running Prime95). I switched to the Vantec Aerocool and am getting 53C. I have read that some others using this board do not get temps this high. And yes the heatsink has been reseated using every paste I have several times. It is sitting on the cpu very flush with good thermal contact. I am unsure what to think. I am also using mother board monitor and the system temp-software provided by Epox and they both give the same temps.

That sounds about right to me. My temps never quite reach 50C but I'm running at an average of 1.55volts and 2.4Ghz. I'd say your temps are pretty good for the voltage you've got set.

A little plug for Mwave, while I'm at it. That's where I bought this board from. They're sending me a replacement (express replacement, where they send the item first and you return your defective after you get the replacement) that I should have by Friday. Very good service with Mwave! They've answered my telephone calls everytime and are a pleasure to deal with!

Got a replacement board from Mwave on Friday and everything is working great now! Many thanks to Mwave on their excellent customer service and prompt resolution on the replacement. They're top notch in my book!

Last edited:
Hi guys my 2.4b @2.91 runs 26c&40c full load with a ak478
&50cfm fan!
dose any one no much about the bios setting for this board i always seem to get lame 3dmark score & im guesing it to do
with something i havent set right!i know the normal settings but some of the stuff in their ??????????????????????ugh?
any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Thats impossible on 4G4A+. Im sure you dont have intel inf installed or you never run any 3d app :))

Back