• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a WC setup. Comments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_wiZ

Well this is the item's ive ordered today.
Eheim 1048.
Swiftech MCW462-UH.
Black ice pro.
As far as ive been able to see all of these products use 1/2".
Also orderd 2m of 1/2" silicon hose.
Will i need anything else to make this work and is this a "Ok" kit?

you will also need a res or a t joint, depending on how you want to fill/refill your system. you will also want to get some distilled water. other than that it looks good, do you have a fan or does the black ice pro come with one? its probably too late now to tell you that some people say that chevette heatercores are just as good or better than the commercial heat exchangers and they are half the price. good luck with the setup. :)

Get 2 t adaptors, 2 1/2"barb to 1/2"npt adaptors, two 1/2" female npt to 1/2" female ballvalves

$1.50 each for the t's

$2 each for the barbs

$5 each for the ballvalves. Bleed and fills.

I made the mistake of using different sizes for bleed and fill lines (1/2 and 1/4... I wasnt thinking) and the 1/4 overflows before the 1/2 is filled... it's a real pain filling the system, though still easier thn it was with a single fill/bleed line.

Yes ive got a nice 120mm fan for the radiator.
Distilled water? Ill just boil some =P
Well i guess i could pick up a T joint at the local hardware store.

The_wiZ said:
Yes ive got a nice 120mm fan for the radiator.
Distilled water? Ill just boil some =P
Well i guess i could pick up a T joint at the local hardware store.
Boiling water does NOT remove the minerals... Get distilled, it's like $1

ok like the swiftech fill/bleed kit?
Guess i can arange something like that in no time ;)
Ok so ill get some dist water then...guess the gas station should have that.
Thx for the tips.
I have a good feeling about this.

Just me, and it's too late now, but I would have gotten the TC4. Although the 462'll do ya fine :)

Nothing else that hasn't already been seen...except maybe some hose clamps. I'd say 'cheaper at kmart!' but d'y'all have kmarts in Sweden?

Cheers :)

You will need a resevior or t line, to get all of the air out of the system...and a suggestion you should get something else rather than the black ice pro, they do not perform that well....i was gonna get one bc of the size, but i decided to get a heatercore instead....and i have never been happier....

I have a very small oil cooler that works well that I got from crazypc. I am now going to use a large heater core and am sure that it will work much better. And i would go for a res, I think it works very well.

Black Ice Radiator's strength is more towards space and looks, not performance.

Axle said:
I'd say 'cheaper at kmart!' but d'y'all have kmarts in Sweden?

Cheers :)

I don't even think you could find a Kmart in the US seeing as 325 more stores just closed. I don't have a kmart anywhere near my area anymore, they just closed the last one near me :(

Well hopefully it will be sufficient for my little xp1600+.
Need to unlock this baby to do some real testing.
Ive tryed many times already..but it just goes straight to hell every single time.
Guess i need to try a couple more times.

Back