• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rio Pumps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undertow

Registered
Anyone with experiences? I did a search, and apparently there aren't many discussions on these.

Namely, I'm looking at the Rio 2500 748gph, low power consumption and low heat from what I've read.

Prices are pretty reasonable too -- which usually worries me, lol.

:)

hmmm good question, dont want a pump thats gonna die on you... i dont remember a specific thread to refer you to but i seem to remember hearing something bad in reference to rio's... take that with a grain of salt though cus i can't specifically remember anything. look a little harder and i think you can find something. do you know the ratios of flow rate to head? 748 gph at 0' head is nice but it is important to look at how it does with more resistance since you are going to be pumping through rads, wb's, and what not.

okay, i looked this up for you:
Rio 2500(5.1"x2.7"x3.7") Flow (gph) 782 720 666 580 529 439
Rio 3100(6"x3.1"x4.28") Flow (gph) 900 900 782 700 692 600 73

that is the flow rate with head of 0-5' in order. can someone contribute the typical range of head in pc cooling? I have no clue how much resistance typically exists... regardless though, this pump will have enough power for you. now you just need to find out if its reliable. and i dont know if its an issue, but maybe someone knows if that much pressure will be an issue for your fittings and connections, most people dont run with that high of a flow rate.

Last edited:
that guy dont seems to like the Rio pump much...follow the link he give on his page that will lead you to a Google result page, pretty convincing.

I'll take that as a no then.. :) That might explain where they are quite a few for sale on eBay as well. :D

Back