• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ram for a 845PE mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Check-X

Soon I'll be getting my P4 2.53b Intel Blue Mountain2 i845PE mobo and I'm wonderin which Ram I should throw my cash down on. Corsair XMS PC3200 seems like an easy choice, but I could save some cash by going to the OCZ PC3200 Ram.. I've heard lots of different things about OCZ ram, but as long as I make sure its winbond 5ns it should be fine... am I right?

Anyways some of you may be saying "you don't need that good of ram with that mobo because it can't OC damn near at all (4% boost is nothing!). Don't worry I'm going to be selling off the mobo in the near future and getting a different 845PE board or whatever is top dog on the market when I get to it. So the ram is more towards looking for use with other mobo's not the intel.

If it were me I'd go Corsair or Mushkin

I've said a bijjilion times that they stand behind thier products and if the said product doesnt perform to the stated speed, they will replace it.

Your guess is as good as mine if OCZ will or will not, why take a chance?

You better go for the Corsair XMS PC3200 as it's a tested memory that can handle high FSB and fast memory timings.

NOw my other decision I'm faced with.. when I sell my intel mobo.. should I just get a better 845PE mobo or are the new Granite Bay Mobo's worth the extra bucks? Of course then I'll go 2X 256 opposed to 1X512 for my DDR.

Back