• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning hoses

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

OK I'm flushing my water cooled system. I forgot what chemical is used to clean the film off the tygon tubing. (R3603)
Bleach kills the algae right?

ElroyCarbon said:
My fault, it's the film left as a result of Water Wetter and Dye Lite.

Would you happen to have any leftover Dye Lite you would be willing to sell/trade?

I cleaned off the nasty Water Wetter residue with a solution of CLR.. worked great. I used about 1oz of CLR to 1 quart of distilled water. I ran it for 1 hour then rinsed rinsed rinsed
I did not read of anyone having problems with CLR in there sys so I went ahead and did it. I tried vinegar.. alcohol warm water etc.. first with no luck.
hope that helps

*edit* I tried the Vinegar (Then Alcohol) on a section of hose I removed from the system.. not the whole system, as vinegar can accelerate corrosion of Copper. Both had little to no effect on the Water Wetter residue.

Last edited:
Awesome I remember now that was what I was looking for. For some reason I think infomercial every time I think of CLR LOL! Yeah I have Dye Lite PM me OK.

Back