• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling with LianLi 65b??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaotai

Anyone with a Lian-Li PC65b case using watercooling? I ask because I'm debating on either getting a newer larger case (aluminum cheiftec/chemming dragon type) or hacking the beautiful Lian-Li up.. And this case is only 1 month old! arrg..

So, if you do have a 65b and a water cooling kit, where did you put the radiator? I ended up with the DTek pro combo radiator hoping it would fit but it won't be possible with all the stuff. It's a larger heatercore so suggestions? I'd rather not switch to a smaller core and loose some temps...

Suggestions please!
TIA.

Hey thats my rig you linked to 8) I used a chevy Luv heater core. that whole system is based on 3/8" barbs and tubing, I just got a WW block so I'll be switching to 1/2" all the way around. I dunno if I'll keep that system or put it up for grabs in the classifieds, I guess time will tell.

peace.
unloaded

Shaotai,

Unfortunately, I don't see how you are going to fit a HC without modding your case. I know there are a couple of micro radiators from dangerden, but they are small and restrictive and probably only perform as well as top of the line aircooling.

I think your only option as far as minimizing case modding is to run an external WCing system.

deviantbox said:
You could also put your heatercore, shroud and fan at the top of the case....All you need is to make a hole....;)

You know, I tried that but the thickness of the fan, shroud and core sticks out far enough when I slide in the mb tray, the board hits the heater core!! arg...
Looks like my only other choice is to set up the external core with lines running to the outside to it, like Wangster said...

Or I might just get the chemming.. they look nice too.. (but not as nice as the lian-li!!)

This is my old setup, I threw it together a few months back. It is not the B Rev, but basically the same. Fire at me if you have any questions. CYA!
PC65.jpg

BTW with my setup NOTHING gets HACKED. I cut the area where the res is located to pu the fill valve in, basically cosmetic and ease of use. I now have the same case all NEW guts and a res with NO fill valve so ultimately a PC65 with 0 cuts has to be made. It is tight to work on I might add. CYA!

no that dangerdens DD cube I beleive, I have one and I must say it SUX! If you get creative you might be able to stick a normal heatercore on the side

I chose it for it's dimensions and the fact that it was relatively cheap. I am running a 2.5 OC'd to 3.050 with this setup so if seems to be doing the job. ;)

Well, I ended up selling the case and I'll be picking up a aluminum chemming/cheftec now... It just make more sense to me to get a bigger case that can hold everything in really nice. I didn't want to lose any performance so going to a smaller core or heatexchanger wasn't really an option... Thanks for the idea guys...

Back