• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Dell board overclocks up to 33%, hurray!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I got bored with my system (the one in the sig) so I sold it to a Guy who had a Dell, and he gave me his dell. I invetigated the mobo and also the PLL, and SoftFSB has a profile on it.
After some messing with it and after a couple of system hangs, I found out how to use it properly, and now I can overclock my system to 133MHz FSB.
The only problem is that there is no 1/4 PCI divider, so my PCI is at 44.3MHz. But luckily the Hard drives and Gfx Card can handle it.
All I gotta do now is see how high a PCI my Sound and SCSI cards like.

I had heard how dels are usualy really un-overclockable, but I thought I would give it a try.

I think I will try to get a Tualeron to work in it next.

your graphics and hard drives may tolerate it for now but it becomes a question about how long they'll stay alive.

The Hard Drive is not being overclocked, the IDE Bus is. The IDE bus can experience problems, but hard drive problems will be linked to the IDE Bus problems, such as corrupted data transfer. Your HDD will not be running at ATA/166, etc.

Back